We are currently looking to recruit Texturing TDs for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 3D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To create photo realistic textures and other related maps or images for mapping on to 3D objects.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- In most visual effects work, the textures need to be created to a high level of realism and fit the requirements of the model pipeline and shading set up.
- It will be essential to work closely with the other members of the project team in these areas.
- It will be necessary to learn some of our in house systems and become fluent in their use, as well as learn other off the shelf packages as required.
- Images may need to be created from scratch, but it is more likely that the artist will need to make use of extensive reference photography as source material.
- They may also need to source their work from a variety of other visual resources (paintings, reference books, architecture).
NEEDS TO HAVE
- Working Knowledge of Character/Props’ Texturing on Maya Software
- Ability to take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes.
- A thorough Knowledge of Image Editing Software as well as 3d Software
- Ability to do UV mapping.
- A thorough understanding of Materials and Shadersand their usage
- A good sense of Observation related to Live objects
- Knowledge in Optimization of files
- Internal Pipeline knowledge.
- Thorough QC.
- Knowledge in Optimization of texture resolutions & smartness on its usage.
- Inter Dept. Communication skills.
NEEDS TO BE
- Able to deliver on schedule, working under pressure if required
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with covering letter, resume and link to your showreel.