We are currently looking to recruit Roto Artists for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 2D|
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
Rotoscope Artists work closely with the Compositors to integrate all layers and elements into a seamless visual effect shot. Rotoscope Artists assist the Compositors by producing mattes and preparing plates.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Produce garbagemattes and accurate articulate mattes by using in-house roto software.
- Remove rigs and wires using Nuke and other Paint software.
- Prepare plates for the Compositors by dustbusting and scratch removal.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- Experience of meeting deadlines on time.
- Continuous improvement and knowledge of 2D work flow and techniques.
- A working knowledge of Roto/Compositing package would be an advantage.
- An interest in Photography and digital manipulation would be an advantage.
NEEDS TO BE
- A good artistic talent with a knowledge of composition and colour.
- A strong eye for detail and precision.
- Able to work under pressure amongst a large team.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from Compositors and Supervisors.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please forward link to your reel, covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.