We are currently looking to recruit Prep Artists for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 2D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Prep Artists work closely with the Compositors using a variety of paint techniques to seamlessly prepare plates for Compositors to use for visual effects shots.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Removal of rigs and wires using Nuke and other frame by frame painting software.
- De-graining and re-graining paint work before it leaves the department.
- Having an understanding of Nukes 3D environment to project clean plates and understanding how to use UV projections.
- Dustbust plates and do scratch removal.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- A working knowledge of Nuke.
- A knowledge and interest in photography and digital manipulation is helpful.
- Critical eye for detail, and strong communication skills.
- A willingness to learn new techniques.
- Experience meeting deadlines on time.
NEEDS TO BE
- A good artistic talent with a knowledge of composition and colour.
- A strong eye for detail and precision.
- Able to work under pressure amongst a large team.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from Compositors and Supervisors.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please forward link to your reel, covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.