We are currently looking to recruit Modelers for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 3D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To create highly detailed models suitable for use in visual effects work for film, that cover a wide range of organic and non-organic objects.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Work very closely with the texture painters, shaderwriters, look development artists and the riggers to generate models that are suitable for feature film work.
- Make use of a wide range of reference materials.
- Models may need to be created from scratch or from scans, reference photography, maquettes, miniatures or other set models.
- Have to work closely with their leads to determine an appropriate level of detail for any given model.
- Work closely with the riggers to produce models that meet their work flow requirements, and with texture painters to determine the optimal UV layout for a model.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- Working Knowledge of Modelingon Maya Software.
- Ability to follow design reference accurately and work in a range of styles.
- Ability to create moderate to complex and organic models.
- Strong sense of scale, form, weight and volume.
- Understanding of Anatomy, and Good sense of topology.
- Internal Pipeline knowledge.
- A good sense of Observation relating to Live objects.
- Optimization of File.
- Inter Dept. Communication skills.
NEEDS TO BE
- Able to take direction and willingness to address comments and make changes.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with covering letter, resume and link to your showreel.