We are currently looking to recruit Matte painter / DMP for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Title:||Matte painter / DMP|
|Reports to:||Head of 3D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To (re) create photo realistic matte paintings that are to be used as an element to either embellish or replace live action footage.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that are to be seamlessly integrated into the film.
- This will require an artist who is comfortable in a variety of implementations, be it 2D backdrops, textured elements/fixes and complex 2.5D/3D projections.
- At times, they may also be asked to learn new proprietary software.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colourspace, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (be it file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour.
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya.
- A minimum of 3 years experience on feature films. Experience in matte painting for television would also be taken into account.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline.
NEEDS TO BE
- Able to take artistic and technical direction positively and work well within a team environment.
- Team oriented.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with covering letter, resume and link to your showreel.