We are currently looking to recruit Look Development artists for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 3D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To work closely with texture artists and the lighting team and use artistic, aesthetic and technical abilities combined with knowledge of lighting and rendering to create exceptional looking assets.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Create final look developed assets that work in shots with different lighting scenarios.
- Cooperate in the setup of standard render passes for comp.
- Assist in developing standard lighting rigs & setups for verifying aspects of look development.
- Keep supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and ofcreativesolutions to those issues.
- Work closely with appropriate Leads and Supervisors to ensure that all assets work within the scope of lighting & color pipeline requirements.
- Work with a team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look developed assets.
- Communicate with the shaderdeveloper in order to ensure all necessary parameters and functionality are included in production shaders.
- Work closely with texture artists to create necessary texture maps for application to creatures, props and environments.
- Assist in training junior Look Dev Artists and newcomers.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- 4+ years look development experience and lighting experience in feature VFX required.
- Strong Knowledge of physically based renderers, especially VRayand Arnold.
- Strong knowledge in Maya, Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies.
- Some experience with scripting/programming languages (python, MEL, PERL, C, C++, shell scripting).
- Possess familiarity with asset management systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with Mari, zBrush, Mudbox, or other texture and normal/displacement.
NEEDS TO BE
- Able to balance quick turnaround with achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality.
- Able to take directions positively, working well within a team, and thriving under pressure of tight production deadlines.
- Possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with covering letter, resume and link to your showreel.