We are currently looking to recruit Layout TDs for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 3D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Layout TD is responsible for CG camera animation using cinematography principles, shot composition and character blocking.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Produce pre-vis and post-vis CG cameras used by subsequent departments.
- Position and compose digital assets for the rest of the pipeline.
- Maintain shot continuity across a sequence.
- Model set geometry used during the matchmoveprocess.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- Working Knowledge of Layout on Maya Software.
- Understanding of Sequence/Shots/Storyboard (Perceiving the assignment from Directs/Supervisor brief & Storyboard/Camera brief).
- Knowledge of Character & Camera staging execution.(The shots have to have correct compositions with BG & Characters in context to the story).
- Knowledge of Creative execution of assigned shots. (Aesthetically strong compositions/actions to convey right timing/acting expected & apply shot with film-making fundamentals).
- Knowledge of Technical execution of assigned shots. (Maya software/Pipeline understanding & requisite assignment wise technical requirements are addressed).
- Vigilance in ensuring correct required Action/Asset continuities.
- Internal Pipeline knowledge.
- Ability to take instructions, understand & execute them correctly.
- Inter Dept. Communication skills.
NEEDS TO BE
- Responsible in terms Deliverable & Deadlines.
- Able to absorb new learnings & apply them-especially trainees.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with covering letter, resume and link to your showreel.