With just under a week to go before applications are open for this year’s Graduate Trainee Scheme, here’s all the details you need to know PLUS a very cool video of our Trainees from last year. Dneg Trainees get the chance to be trained alongside world class VFX Artists, gain experience working on amazing shows and receive invaluable training & mentoring throughout. Don’t just take our word for it tho… here’s what last year’s Trainees had to say about their time on the Graduate Trainee Scheme:
Need further convincing? Here’s full details on what will be on offer for successful candidates!
- 3 month Trainee Scheme on offer in our London office – starting on the 4th July until the 30th September.
- Open to recent Graduates only of relevant subjects (e.g. 3D, Compositing, Roto-scoping, Matte Painting, Computer Science, etc.)*
- Placements on offer will be within 2D, 3D, FX and TV**
- Dneg Trainees will start their journey with 4 weeks intensive training in either the fundamentals of 2D, 3D or FX (depending on chosen career path), including training on DNeg’s proprietary and in-house softwares.
- 2D training will cover Roto, Prep and Compositing
- 3D training will cover skills such as Matchmove, Rigging and Modelling.
- FX training will cover skills such as Matchmove, Simulations and Particles.
- Trainees will work on exciting projects where they will receive on the job training from our experienced VFX Artists. Trainees can expect to gain experience in Prep and Compositing (2D), Asset Building, Lighting and Assistant Technical Director tasks (3D) or FX and much more.
- Trainees will also be buddied up with mentor who will offer advice, guidance and support through the duration of the Trainee Scheme.
- Trainees will be paid an entry level salary that will cover accommodation, travel and living expenses.
Applications will be open from the 7th – 25th March 2016. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered so make sure you apply in time. We’ll be posting on facebook and twitter when applications go live so keep your eye out for announcements!
As part of the recruitment process we will be shortlisting candidates to attend an assessment day at our London Office on 1st June 2016, so please make sure you are available on this day.
To apply you will need to provide: CV & Covering Letter, Show Reel and completed short questionnaire.
*Please note in advance you must have the right to work in the UK to apply to the Graduate Trainee Scheme. We are not able to sponsor those that require a visa.
** We are not running a placement for artists looking to progress into Animation this year. It is, however, something we hope to start next year in tandem with our Feature Animation Division