We are currently looking to recruit FX TDs for immediate start at our Dneg facility in Mumbai. Please check below for Job Description and details of how to apply (or click here to download pdf).
|Reports to:||Head of 3D|
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
FX Technical Directors gather a variety of 3D assets produced by our Build, Layout and Animation departments and use off the shelf software – primarily Houdini but also Maya – and custom pipeline tools to create particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations.
NEEDS TO UNDERTAKE
- Use an array of commercial and proprietary software tools to produce photorealistic simulations of real-world phenomena while developing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Create bespoke effects setups to fulfil client briefs.
- Produce test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot.
- Create working test composites for review by the supervision team.
- Work in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
- Stay on schedule and meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of work.
NEEDS TO HAVE
- Working Knowledge of FX on Maya Software.
- Ability to create FX assets/libraries.
- Strong observation of interacting objects and physics involved.
- Good scripting knowledge MEL, Python etc.
- Ability to work with complex shaders to achieve desired results.
- Optimize FX to improve performance.
- Ability to switch to other software and pug-ins like 3d Max, Realflow, Houdini etc. for maximum output.
- Working Knowledge of compositing.
- Internal Pipeline Knowledge.
- Thorough QC.
- Efficient workflow – e.g.: Generation of presets.
- Inter Dept. communication skills
NEEDS TO BE
- Able to work successfully with multiple team members in an extremely collaborative environment, being flexible across multiple disciplines and assisting others wherever possible.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with covering letter, resume and link to your showreel.